Friday, September 25, 2020

Delicacy & Strength

     Women are such delicate creatures, don’t get me wrong we are strong as hell when we need to be but we are delicate as well, that’s the beauty of women we don’t have to be one thing or another we have multiple sides to us. You see, we cry, we break, we fall but most of the time we do it when no one else is around and when you are around there is little to no chance that we’ll let you see us doing any of those things, on the off chance that we allow you to see us like that it’s because we feel safe enough with you, that we can trust you enough to show you that side of us. We have mastered the art of putting on a smile on the outside while we’re being torn apart on the inside, sad as this maybe it’s just the truth.

     Have you ever truly stopped to admire the beauty and delicacy of a woman? I don’t mean only physically because a woman’s beauty doesn’t lie in the size of her hips, the flatness of her tummy, the texture of her hair, or the shape of her face. Her beauty lies inside, in the thoughts that fill her mind, the purity of her soul, the kindness of her heart, and the words that spill from her lips. In the time I have spent discovering who I am and what I want, I have come to find out that acceptance and loving every bit and inch of myself helped me to find my own happiness without the assistance of anyone else. This road I chose to walk on my own instilled the knowledge in me that I deserve nothing but the absolute best.

     As a woman, I have learned to be patient, to be understanding, to be warm, and to be caring, these things are all traits that I excel in and I know many other women do as well, this is why it hurts me when we do all this and more and it ends up being taken for granted, but like the strong women we are…we forgive, we don’t forget but we do learn and we put it somewhere and we leave it right there. We don’t bring it up in future conversations or disgruntles because that would make us petty and unfair but do know that if a woman brings it up in the future that simply means that all has not been forgiven. So, when we forgive, we open ourselves up again to trust and we do it as we’ve never been hurt before and on top of that, we do it extremely well choosing not to bring the past into the present or the future.

     One of the biggest things as a woman that I have learned to accomplish is acceptance, I know I’m far from perfect, I don’t have the perfect smile, I don’t have the perfect skin and I sure don’t have a perfect life but I have accepted who I am and I never stop working to improve the things that I can. Most importantly I love me for me, I don’t need makeup to make me feel beautiful or clothes to make me feel sexy, I reserve all those things on my own naturally and free. I know for a fact that I am beautiful where it matters most of all and I have come to discover that there is nothing sexier than a confident, classy, and intelligent woman.

     Women, my point is this, cry…break…fall…do anything you need to do (obtaining your morals of course) to release yourself and feel free but when you’re done, no matter how long it may take, get back up, learn to trust again, believe again. Don’t ever let a bad situation or a bad person from your past or present even determine what your future will be, you and only you control your life, your decisions, and your outcome. The story of you will never be determined by a situation or a person; so, love yourself first, love your life, fall in love with the person you are because no one on the face of this earth will ever love you as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Man's Desire

                      Men are looked at as providers and protectors, their bar for expectations from society has been set so high that if th...